Sunday, January 19, 2014

The First Post

    This is kind of a test post; the first of what I hope will be a fairly consistent stream of posts documenting as closely as possible, my journey with ulcerative colitis. I am starting this blog specifically at the point just prior to taking a scary step into the unknown world of fecal transplant.
    For this new adventure, I have already traveled three thousand miles from my home in N.Y., to stay with a friend, who will act as my donor, in San Diego, California. I have been here for 2 weeks now, and am hoping my body is becoming acclimated to the environment. I hope to begin the procedure in about a weeks time from now (1/19/14). I am waiting on a bathroom remodel at my friend Matt's house where I am staying to finish. Also I have an appointment with a local gastroenterologist because I would like to establish some sort of relationship with a doctor while I am out here, just in case I need one, and also for consultation.
 I think my next post will be some of my history, and also some of what I am doing to prepare for my next step. Take care until then!
Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment